Thursday 2 February 2017

School failing on paperwork

In September my 12 year old daughter first saw her paediatrician for concerns about autism.  We were sent questionnaires, the school were sent questionnaires and my daughter had a language assessment.
We saw the paed today for a follow up.  The paed didn't have any paperwork back from the school, the paed needs it to get a clearer picture of my daughter. I feel frustrated with the school for not doing their part to help my daughter, I will call,tomorrow to question what happened.  Today's appointment was not a total waste of time as my daughter will be referred for help with anxiety but it could have been more informative with the information from the school.
Perhaps it was an oversight, perhaps they don't see any problems so feel it's a waste of their time, perhaps they didn't get it or send replies which got lost before getting to the paed.  Whatever the case it's making a long process even longer and more stressful than it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment